Lithuanian Society of Young Researchers (LSYR) is a dynamic knowledge-based autonomous non-political and non-profit nation-wide organisation, open to young researchers, scientists, and students from various science and research fields.
The organisation has been established on February 20, 2002 and officially registered on May 12, 2003. Currently, it has 183 members from different research fields and institutions all over Lithuania.
Our mission is to encourage young people to become world-class scientists by establishing interdisciplinary scientific community, promoting science and by facilitating improvements in the system of science and education.
- facilitate contacts among young scientists nationally and internationally, and to enhance the scope of their activities and possibilities;
- set up an open forum for valuable discussions, resulting in scientific and civil activities;
- propagate systemic exchange of scientific information and to conduct scientific research;
- contribute to improvement of the Lithuanian education system by actively participating in various interest working groups;
- act as the main lobby organisation on behalf of young scientists/researchers in Lithuania.